CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

...my handsome afnan najmi...



Last Thursday, I was shocked to received an unexpected SMS from Abie at around 12.30pm telling me that she's on her way to PCMC...Ohh emm gee...I dialled her number and we had a little quarrel as she yelled at me not to bother...Hey, darling, what do you expect?!!Am I going to be okay not worrying you're being sent to PCMC?!!And the reason given for calling me in the first place was just to inform?!!Haha...As if that was sooo true....I've made my decision and I'm not gonna miss my chance...

I quickly took 'Emergency Leave' and I called Adif...Luckily I caught him while he's on the way back to PCMC after getting the necessary things for labour from home...

I waited anxiously and Adif picked me up at Tower 1 around 1.40pm...We arrived at PCMC nearly 2pm...By that time, Abie's bag of amnion water had been cracked and she told us that she had taken an Epidural injection...

It was lunch time but Abie had no appetite...Only a portion of fresh fruits, a little bit of mushroom soup and a half piece of energy bar...Adif went to pray while I accompanied Abie to have a small nap...


Approaching Asar, I went to the praying room...Now, leaving Adif to watch on Abie...When I return, Abie has awaken...She had her tea...I made a small cup of hot Milo and gave her sandwiches to munch...My mama called and spoke to Adif...

At around 530pm, I saw that the real-time contraction plot has become quite aggressive and rapid...the nurse kept asking whether Abie felt any pain...ohh, no...no pain at all...

I was asked to wait outside at around 610pm...okay then...

Abie's family from Gemencheh arrived nearly 630pm...I greeted them and my mama called again...This time, she chatted with Cik Leha...I took Abie's sister to the praying room...


When I return back to the maternity ward, Abie still had not delivered yet...So, Cik Leha went inside the labour room...Abie cried...Aiyooo sweet darling...

Next, I went to check on Abie...This time, she yelled at me not to touch anything - don't touch her, don't touch her bed, don't raise my hand, be still, be still...Haha...Abie was like,"Ehh...Jangan jangan...Aku tengah sakit ni~~~" I wished her luck and went outside...

At 9pm, Adif's family from Alor Setar arrived...Yeay...

Not so long after that, we heard Afnan's crying...a loud one, really...yeay...

it took nearly 40 minutes for the PCMC staff to clean the mess before allowing us to celebrate our new bundle of joy - Afnan Najmi...


I guess I'm the 5th person to hold Afnan right after Adif, Abie and both the grandmothers...ooh...i'm so in love with my handsome prince...and the best part is i'm the one who captured his first smile...lalalalalala...

to Abie - I'm so so proud of you...like the note that i've scribbled: Afnan Najmi is bound to be as SPECIAL as you are, and that's as SPECIAL as anyone can get...

And this poem is especially dedicated to you Abie:

Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you’ve had a baby…


that somebody doesn’t know that once you’re a mother, “normal” is history.


Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct…

that somebody never took a three-year-old shopping.

Somebody said being a mother is boring…

that somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a driver’s permit.

Somebody said if you’re a “good” mother, your child will “turn out good”…

that somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.

Somebody said “good” mothers never raise their voices…

that somebody never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbor’s kitchen window.

Somebody said you don’t need an education to be a mother…

that somebody never helped a fourth grader with his math.

Somebody said you can’t love the fifth child as much as you love the first…

that somebody doesn’t have five children.

Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books…

that somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose or in his ears.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery…

that somebody never watched her “baby” get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten… or on a plane headed for military “boot camp.”

Somebody said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back…

that somebody never organized seven giggling Brownies to sell cookies.

Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married…

that somebody doesn’t know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother’s heartstrings.

Somebody said a mother’s job is done when her last child leaves home…

that somebody never had grandchildren.

Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don’t need to tell her…

that somebody isn’t a mother.

p/s: Mama, i LOVE you...


7 comments:

citrus_medica said...

sungguh la dramatis ok..
gemuruh siut baca..
xtau la mcm maner kalu tibe turn aku..

nway, congrate to padi & adif..
chomel dowh anak kamu!

kejora said...

limau - everything will turn out naturally...no worries ok...ehem2...bilekah?!!

azwahashima said...

sweetnye aliza ni. mmg sweet.

friend like you uneasy to find, you're a rare breed. surely your parents treat u well. Insya-Allah, you'll be a good wife and a great mom too!

citrus_medica said...

haha, tggu~

insyallah dipjgkn rezeki ni, sampai la kad tu nanti..
doa2 la dipermudahkn jln eik..

p/s: seram dowh tgk baby, fragile sgt2

kejora said...

azwa - yezza...i will...i will...definitely...

limau - alhamdulillah...suke kawan2 hepi...

mama padie said...

alizaaa...sedehnye aku bacee..mengalir2 air mate aku..sweet sgt2..sure afnan sayang kat ko..uhuuh..eleh ko ni pun..aku tak nak susahkan ko..tu psl aku cakap tak yah datang..hihih..aku kan independent..mcm ko tak tau akuu..btw anak ko nih tgh tdo menonggeng2..comel sungguh..nanti aku antar gamba..

azwa..ko mmg btol..untung aku dapat bff mcm aliza nih :P

kejora said...

abie - alaaa...mama nangis lagi ke?syiannn anak i...hakhak...