CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

air tangan Liza

some of you may have heard that i'm the descendant of long,long time ago royal family chef...some of you may even have tasted my cooking...i used to cook for my friends on their birthdays...serves them lucky...really,i don't know...i just hope so...it was and still my greatest joy seeing people enjoying my cooking...

my track record even can be dated back since i was in primary school...i've once become the head cook during a camping activity in school...i enjoy taking part in cooking competition and eventually received 2nd price at that time...i cooked 'Nasi Goreng Lobak Merah'...

during my boarding school years, there seems not much cooking activities...however, i really loves ERT classes...one unforgettable memory was about a Saturday spent at the cooking room next to our isolated 2 usaha class with cikgu nik hasni...we baked chocolate muffins and twisted cheese breads...since the month of Ramadhan was approaching,we even experimentally make some dates fritters (cekodok kurma)...

i developed my cooking skills mostly during my university life...cooking as a passion also help me discover the potential entrepreneurship qualities within me...once, my housemates and me have set up a stall selling sushi during one of UTP annual event...we made the sushi ourselves...that was one of my many proud cooking moments in life...

again, my cooking skills was enhanced once i was sent to bintulu to undergo the Industrial Internship Programme for 8 months...being away from my mama and far from having local Semenanjung dishes have become a great motivation for me...what's more, i got to learn to cook several Sarawak foods myself...some of my favourites include laksa Sarawak,mee kolok,pansuh manok and umai...

i've also experienced cooking for more or less 100 people...during my induction programme, i was the lead cook in charge of the cooking for our team building in janda baik...it was very successful...my coordinated team managed to cook 5 different dishes within 1 1/2 hours...

relating to my families,we've tried not to opt for catering services in having any family functions...it is way more satisfying to cook by ourselves and let the guests taste our precious recipes...this happens occasionally during open houses and kenduris...

ergo, in order to honour and preserved my 'turun-temurun' recipes, i've decided to set up another blog -
air tangan Liza ...i've also provided the link at the sidebar under rangkaian Liza...it will be filled with my family's recipe collection as i happen to cook them accordingly...as of today, there have been 12 entries already...mostly come from the recipes i've already shared at dapur lizacomel

i just love cooking and love to share with the world!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fuyoo.. cayalah sifu! bila mau anta lauk? hehe

Hana_Nana said...

aku tak penah la rasa air tgn ko..bila ek..sudi2kan lah masak untuk aku yg beginner.juz discover my 'can cook' ability when got boyfriend..haha.

kejora said...

faiz - ya ampunn...awak kawin nnt, kite sponsor satu lauk kt meja raja sehari ok...

hana - sohabat xde planning buat potluck ke?sume sebuk nk kawin aje...

Hana_Nana said...

tak tau la cik aliza,skang kan in the phase of 'all getting married' ok..eh,aku pun nk gak lauk raja sehari nanti(~ntah bila aku nk kawen~~lalala~~)

Anonymous said...

waahh... best2.. hehe..