CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

...make me happy so I (eye) can see...

i got my second opinion last Thursday…a shocking one…yes…but I took it bravely enough…I’m now officially sight-disabled person…my new ophthalmologist confirmed me of having primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) with unidentifiable cause…most likely, it stems out resulting from my past tragedies with Jack…

my left eye now is nearly quarter blind with 23.4% blind spots/damaged optic nerves at the top left section of my left eyeballs…I also had high reading of ocular stress and suffers dry eye syndrome…

however, I feel very lucky and grateful for:
1. I’m still able to see my beautiful world around me, my lovely family and friends’ joy faces…
2. I’m still able to fool around with my handsome Ryan…
3. I’m just blessed…

I got difficulties in focusing on words (on screens and on hardcopy items)…my job needs my eyes…that’s one problem…my passion needs my eyes…that’s two problems…I can’t part with my books and my Rose…

So,what’s there for me? i’ve been prescribed with new specifications for a new pair of glasses…my right eye can still receives 100% light whereas its damaged partner has limited access of almost 90% only… my new frame was chosen by ‘Aina and Beebee…it was a bright, white full-rimmed metal frame by Guess…I got myself a custom-made transition lenses from Japan…it will arrive some time within this week…

And lucky me…alhamdulillah…today, I went for my follow-up session…the 1st line theraphy was working alright…three kinds of eye drops to reduce my eyes’ stress level…my right eye has toned down to reach the stress reading at 17 and my left eye fortunately return to normal stress level of 16…yeay…need to continue for another month…best advice is to stay happy…

Looking back at the past few days, indeed I felt happy happy for:
1. having lovely girlfriends to gossip & sharing & caring last Friday at MFM…we even venture to our ‘favourite store’…*wink wink* to Mai…

2. spending time with no14 for a movie outing...we watched 'Talentime'...nice...at 4.76 stars...
3. visiting almost 2-months old Shahzad Raza (handsome prince) with Beebee and Suzie
4. supporting Earth Hour 2009…was having nice dinner at Suraya Seafood in Kampung Baru…(again with Beebee and Suzie and little Ms Aini)
5. enjoying myself during PRD BBQ family day at Nur Lembah Pangsun…
6. receiving surprises and more surprises from I, II and III (no comment on this…go figure...hehe)

11 comments:

harni said...

ALIZA!!

What happened to u dear?? Aiyohh ini macam susah la kawan.. nanti tak dapat tiup lilin birthday kek sebab tak nampak.. hehe juz kidding..

Nway, aku pun dulu ade prob dgn dry eye jugak..so kena stop pakai contact gi office.. so i guess u shud do that too!!

Nak2 lagi yg kaler kaler tuh.. takut tak bagus utk mata je...

kejora said...

harni - yang, i dah 1/4 visually-impaired laa...contacts no more okay...custom-made lenses tau sekrg...

azwahashima said...

aliza, it's ok, everyone is not perfect! everyone is physically impaired or at least mentally.

yes just be strong, be happy, Insya-Allah i will try to make your every single day happy happy happy, i just know i need to be apart of it!

take good care, yes say no to contact lense. ingat x aku citer, lense aku hilang sblh, terus fobia...ada one set lagi aku blum pakai. and xnak pakai kot...

kejora said...

azwa - actually, bkn contact lens issue...occasionally bole pakai lagi...sight problems(rabunness) and blindness are totally different...my right eye is rabun...my left eye is quarter blind...ohh...i love you gals dearly dearly...you were my eyes when i couldn't see~~~you saw the best that was in me~~~lalalalala i'm everything i am because you loved me~~~uuu...sayangnyeeeee korang sume....

azwahashima said...

owh ok, i thot it's one of the penyebab as well.
xpe aliza, u're a great girl. i knew it!

Girl Behind A Shadow said...

Oh Teddy Im sorry to hear that abt u. Sedih plk bile aku baca. Pasti ada hikmahnya.

Yes, yes make urself happy. Lately, aku pun sgt stress n not happy n trus naik bdn... sel-sel cortisol (sel stress yg mhasilkan lemak) telah meningkat dlm bdn aku..

So aku skang nk try tido gn bau aromatherapy every nite...Calmness come to me...

citrus_medica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
citrus_medica said...

ni kuat sgt membaca buku neh,
ke kuat sgt buat simulation??
hehe.. jgn marah~

alhamdulillah la buleh nampak lagi kn..
hopefully bertambah baik la mate itu.

mkn carrot byk2 :)

kejora said...

azwa - u r great great too :P

bearbear - me take johnson's softbaby lotion :very2 calming...mimpi indah selalu...

limau - yeahhh...buttered baby carrots...i like!

the girl said...

im sorry to hear that...

kejora said...

pamina - nothing to feel sorry for...i'm okay...yaa...it's quite scary...but that's life...very interesting indeed...